Fresh Basil Pasta
3 1/2 c flour
2-3 Tbsp water (I used a little more…. My dough was a little dry)
2-3 tbsp fresh basil chopped fine
Add the eggs, flour, and water to stand mixer and beat for 30 sec on low then add the basil. If you have a dough hook then attach it and “knead” the dough in the mixer for 2 minutes. Remove and knead on the counter for a minute then let it rest for about 15. Run through the pasta roller attachment (if you have one) or a pasta roller and cut into noodles. Quickly boil in water.
For the Caprese Pasta
In a skillet heat 2-3 tbsp of olive oil with garlic until fragrant. Add in 1-2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil and 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved until very warm. Toss with the freshly cooked pasta and add in a cup of fresh mozzarella in cubes (or if you are lucky enough to find the pearl mozzarella, its so easy to use!)
Garlic rosemary Dutch oven bread loaf recipe
Adapted from She Knows
Yields 1 loaf
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tbsp fresh chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 with dutch oven inside
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl and stir gently. Let it sit until bubbly about 10 minutes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a dough hook, add flour and salt
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the stove and add garlic and rosemary, then remove from the heat
- Pour the water/yeast mixture and the butter mixture into the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix on a low speed for about 10 minutes until it forms a dough ball that is cleanly coming away from the edges of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place in a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and set in a warm place to rise.
- Once dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl, punch it down and knead for about 1 to 2 minutes. Reshape the dough into a ball and set aside.
- Place ball onto parchment paper and carefully remove the dutch oven from the hot oven. Also CAREFULLY remove the lid and CAREFULLY lower the loaf into the dutch oven.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 3 slits or and “X” on the top of the loaf.
- Pour the olive oil on the top and sprinkle with a little sea salt
- Return the lid and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
1 lb ground turkey
1 small zucchini
1 med green bell pepper
1 jar pasta sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella split in half
8 oz ricotta cheese
24 wonton wrappers
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 375. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and all ground turkey. Cook completely. Chop the zucchini and bell pepper and add to pan with cooked turkey. Cook for a few minutes then add sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook several minutes (5-10) or until the vegetables are tender. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1 cup of the mozzarella, salt, pepper, and parsley to taste. Mix thoroughly. In a cupcake/muffin tin, place 12 wonton wrappers. In each wrapper add a small spoonful of the cheese mixture and a spoonful of the sauce mixture. Layer another wrapper and repeat the process. Top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!